-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

FINGER BANDAGE

5.3 x 3.3 x 1.7 cm
OK, so I was twenty and I had 4 or 5 Mickey's Big Mouths in me. I was walking down the street at around 10 at night with my friends Betsy and Danielle. I found a shopping cart at the top a hill and thought, well, you know..... Half way down the hill, the speed got a little intimidating, so I put a foot down to create drag. When it failed to slow me down sufficiently, I decided that putting the other foot down was a good idea, as it would create more drag. Unfortunately, it also created a fulcrum -- immediately. I hit the ground hard and just remember looking up to watch the shopping cart bounce off the pavement, creating a dramatic spark. Fortunately, all that really happened to me was that I ripped out my fingernail, probably broke the tip of my finger (which was bandaged with the pictured gauze and medical tape).
Two years later, that same hill was used for the street luge course in the inaugural X-games.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... amazing! You've been lucky ;) could've ended badly!
    Fortunately you hurt your finger and ego probably ;).

    ReplyDelete