-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

JIM BOUTON CARD

6.4 x 8.9 x .05 cm
My Father and I collected baseball cards for what feels like the majority of my youth. While I have affinities to certain cards, like my autographed Whitey Ford or my '58 Don Larsen, this card has no sentimental meaning regarding my Dad. It just happens to be the handsomest card I have ever owned.
On a side note, Jim Bouton was the author of Ball Four, a controversial insider's look at daily baseball life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_Four

No comments:

Post a Comment