-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SUPER RECORDING

10 x 6.4 x 1.1 cm
My oldest friend is a Persian guy named Kacy. He and I lived together for a while around 2001. One day he was throwing stuff out and I saw this tape and felt compelled to keep it. I think the writing is Farsi, since Kacy is from Iran, but it might be Arabic.  I'd know it if I heard it spoken, but can't decipher by sight. My favorite part is what it says on the reverse side: in san-serif gothic mixed case, as kind of an illustration of the inflection one would be expecting, 'SUPER Recording.'

1 comment:

  1. The writing is in Farsi. Translation: Album: Booyeh Gol (flower’s fragrance), Music: Shahbazian, Singer: Mokhtabad

    http://seaofgreen.tumblr.com/post/3813396282/mac-premo-the-dumpster-project

    I can't believe Kacy threw this away. Hopefully, it was because he replaced it with the CD.

    Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete