-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

BANJO RESONATOR REST

17.8 x 6.5 x 5 cm
One day in 1999 or 2000, I went to Flugmacher's apartment. There was a banjo sitting in the corner and I said 'nice banjo'. Flug said 'I found it in a dumpster, you want it?'. 
The crappy banjo that Flugmacher gave me has been replaced, its parts parceled into several art projects. This arm rest is almost all that remains of the instrument that was the impetus to my lifelong dedication to making music: a form of expression I totally suck at, but find impossible to abandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment