-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

BART CARD

5.4 x 8.7 cm
Oakland has the craziest people on the earth. This card is when I visited Betsy and Mike Dulin in 1996. When I got off at the station near their place, a dude brushed past me; he sported a thousand yard stare, but not bewildered. More like a thousand yards away was something that really pissed him off. He was sweaty even though it was kind of brisk out and he kept saying the same thing over and over:
"Muffins and Turtle wax, that's what I'm talking about...."

No comments:

Post a Comment