-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

TOBOR PART

9.4 x 1.9 cm
In 1999, I had an art studio with The Farm, a production company I worked with. It was at the corner of  Bleecker and Lafayette Streets. I bought a CD player for the place, a little $100 al-in-one job, and named it TOBOR (robot backwards). I think Jonny named it, actually. 
Eventually, harder times hit and we had to give up the prime-real estate studio. TOBOR had been thrown around the room a few too many times, and wasn't in condition to be brought along. I did appreciate his efforts, and kept this part of him as a reminder of The Farm studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment