-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

1995 MAP OF FRANCE

11.8 x 25 x 1.1 cm
After college I went to Europe with Kacy and Hunter. We rode our bikes from city to city. Kacy took pictures while Hunter and I filled our sketchbooks. Before we left, we wrote up a detailed itinerary of where we would be at what date, a document created solely for the appeasement of lovingly nervous parents. In truth, we had only very large destination points in mind, such as "France". Each day,  we'd wake up, locate a point on the map about 50 miles from breakfast, and start peddling.

No comments:

Post a Comment