-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

2000 CHINESE CALENDAR

13 x 18.9 x 2.3 cm

So it happened. The year 2K came along, the computers didn't roll back to the days of Impressionism, and as far as I know, no cats and dogs embarked in unholy fornication. Suddenly, Prince's masterpiece became sentimental, perhaps even naive.  I mean, 'two-thousand-zero-zero'? That's actually like 18,000 years away.

1 comment:

  1. Great commentary. Who can remember all this? And then, of course, we do because you reminded us.

    ReplyDelete