-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

GOMMY'S JEWELRY BOX

18.5 x 7.9 x 13.4 cm
This belonged to my Grandmother, Olive Irene Johanek. We called her Gommy, others called her Bunny. She wore clip-on earrings and scarves and bracelets that served to soundtrack her movement.  I'm not certain she ever actually used this cardboard jewelry box, but it was perfectly good, so she never threw it out. Though she took tremendous pride in presentation, she was not wasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment