-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

JONNY'S SCREENPLAY SYSTEM

12 x 14.5 x 11.6 cm
My buddy Jonny is an eternally-aspiring screen writer. I say 'eternally-aspiring' because I honestly think that Jonny is more interested in the system by which a story is constructed than he is the actual story.
Pictured here is a physical manifestation of a Jon Mangion story system. Each card represents a plot point, groups of cards represents broader plot points, and at the same time an entire lexicon of color highlighting and directional writing is employed.
Jonny gave this to me and asked me to make art out of it. I think it was like a mini-Dumpster Project to him: too much work had gone into this to simply discard.

No comments:

Post a Comment