-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

LoCALL NY PHONE CARD $5

8.5 x 5.5 cm
My friend Eleanor is from Ireland. Back in the 90's she used to buy phone cards to call home, before the internet was a phone. One night at St. Dymphna's Bar on 8th street in the East Village, I saw this card in her wallet and hounded her for it. She wrote down the pin code on it and handed it over. She had to. She saw the resemblance, too, and it was undeniable.
This looks like John Anderson. If you don't know John Anderson, then this entry means nothing. If you do know John Anderson, the same John Anderson that I know, then you are saying to yourself right now:
"Holy shitballs. Apparently John Anderson posed for phone card illustrations, because that right there is John Anderson."

No comments:

Post a Comment