-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

HALF AN ARM CAST

42 x 17 x 12 cm
The bases were loaded, nobody out in the bottom of the 7th and final inning of a rubbermatch playoff softball game. Winner goes to the finals, loser goes home.  The score was tied, I was at third. In softball, this is pretty much game over.
The ball was hit sharply to shortstop. I broke for home and dove headfirst, trying to make something out of nothing. I broke my wrist. The next batter popped up on the first pitch, the following batter flew out.
I stayed in the game, even got a one arm single in the 8th, but our spirit was broken. Two Boots Pizzeria went onto the finals after 8 or 9 innings. I went to the hospital.

4 comments:

  1. The irony, that on the weekend that both Moneyball & Dumpster Project open, I'll bet all three outs were produced by free swingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. while walking past the dumpster yesterday, one of the gladiator spikes on the left side reached out and grabbed my shirt. now i have a ripped shirt and a little bruise on my arm. i'm not screaming about either, nor am i using any fraction of my life to fight for improved safety in the world, but i thought you might want to improve your craftmanship for future installations. i'm tall enough that it just snagged my shoulder; for someone else it might be their neck.

    of course that in no ways detracts from this as a great project. it speaks to many of us with potentially unhealthy (for various relationships) tendencies to collect bits of things with dubious future value. - tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Boots was the best part of this story lol

    ReplyDelete