-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PICTURES FROM THE DUMBO ARTS FESTIVAL

This is a long overdue post. 
A couple weeks ago, the Dumpster premiered at the Dumbo Arts Festival. Making it all come together was quite an effort. What I am amazed at most was how many good people were nothing short of vital to that effort. I come away from the completion of this installation humbled and feeling very lucky to have the support I do. 

Objects will still be posted daily, and the Dumpster will have a new Brooklyn location soon. Ironing out the details, announcement to follow.

Here are some pictures from the Dumbo Arts Festival:

That's the roof designed by Fleetwood Fernandez (http://www.fleetwoodfernandez.com/) and fabricated by Juan Alfaro (http://www.juanalfarodesign.com/). 

There was a fantastic turnout. Lots of people came through.

I really like my door. I had very little to do with that.

The Dumpster was located right under the archway of the Manhattan Bridge (thanks to Lisa Kim, the intrepid Dumbo Arts Festival event organizer). I was liucky enough to share the space with some very talented folks projecting onto the underside of the entire archway. (photo by Kacy Jahanbinini: http://www.kacyjahanbini.com/)
This is actually just the calibration pattern for the projectors. I think it looks wicked cool, and kind of made a lot of sense with the Dumpster.
(photo by Kacy Jahanbinini: http://www.kacyjahanbini.com/)
Here I am in the Dumpster. I look tired. Or maybe just old. Or both. Well, whatever it is, it's what I look like in a place Oisin and  I made. Thanks for the shot, Maggie. (photo by Maggie Soladay http://www.maggiesoladay.com/)

4 comments:

  1. looks like an amazing show!

    where will the dumpster go next? on tour, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Mac, looks tremendous. Was a pleasure to work on it and get to know you through your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great mac

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry I missed your show . I was stuck inside a truck i had built a 3d mobile portrait studio in for the whole week of Basel. Your work is very inspiring . I too have amassed a collection of stuff I expect to reach critical mass one day and aglomerate into art. I keep telling myself I am an archivist not a hoarder LOL. Cheers PS Have you seen the book "Taking Things Seriously" by Joshua Glenn and Carol Hayes ? You might enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete