-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PAGE 1 OF THE WHICH RELIGION? BOOKLET


10.5 x 16.5 cm
I bought this pamphlet in Northern Ireland in 2003. Religion is kind of a big deal over there, as it has divorced itself from god in the name of cultural stake laying. 
I don't mean to be simplistic or disrespectful; it is not an easy situation. But that is why I am in love with this anonymous illustration. The drawing looks so sympathetic. Forget a century of troubles: this bald and earless androgyne is here, for you, at this difficult crossroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment