-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

IT WORKS CANVAS

229 x 130 x .3 cm
My junior year in college, 1993/94, I made a film called It Works. I made the film on a single canvas, about 6' x 8'. As I painted, I took photographs with a fixed 35mm still camera. I printed out each 35 exposure roll and then re-photographed those several thousand photographs on an Oxberry animation stand. It was about as analogue as a process gets. This is the canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment