-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SINGLE PAPER LOG BRIQUETTE MAKER

25.5 x 14.5 x 10 cm
In the studio that Aaron, Oliver and I shared, we had a wood-burning stove. It was a rather ingenious device that Aaron's dad made. The two problems were that wood cost like a million dollars and the place was insulated as well as a pair of flip-flops. Suzanne bought us this thing; it is a briquette maker. You put water in a bucket, then shred your extra paper into strips that sit in the water for like a week. Then you take that pulp and squish it into a brick with this machine, which needs to dry for a week or two. 
We made one brick.


No comments:

Post a Comment