-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

TRIP ACROSS AMERICA SPECULATIVE MAP

15 x 10 cm
In 1998, Daryl and I drove across the country. We wanted to shape our trip, give ourselves an objective. We decided to find people who risk their lives for a living. I would take their photographs; Daryl would interview them.
We went to West Virginia to interview coal miners, then to New Orleans to find of-shore oil rig workers, then to Washington to talk to loggers. This map is a bar room illustration of dates and path. It also includes the part where we bet $7000 on black in Vegas and walk away, twice as rich in a single fell swoop. That part didn't really transpire accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment