-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

HOUSE OF POON MENU

21.5 x 35.7 cm
When someone dies, you are supposed to be sad. When my grandfather George Johanek died in 1999, we all did the right thing; we were sad. With grief comes the need to find respite from it, often in humor.
Enter the need to eat.
The evening after his funeral, the immediate family was to reunite in one of the hotel suites. We would pick up some Chinese food, reminisce or not, relax, watch TV and/or cry. My sister and my cousins and I went to find some dinner, and this is the menu from the place we found.
There is part of me that has yet to stop laughing.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember, did they have some sort of space-age orange flavored beverage???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting read, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete