-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

WEDDING CHICKENS

7.5 x 3 x 2.5 cm
My wife and I were married in relatively unconventional form. At the conclusion of the ceremony, we were crowned and sashed, labeled 'HUSBAND' and 'WIFE', and made our way through an applauding mass of friends of family. It was a wonderful and heady moment. The man who introduced Adrianna and I took it upon himself to introduce the weirdness to our ceremony; Richard Egan donned a cape and some sort of hunchback persona, tugged at our coattails as we made our exit, and presented us with these two tiny chickens. A grunt escaped his lips, that particular character's manner of ordainment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment