-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

HOQUIAM OR ABERDEEN (TOY CHICKEN)

4 x 2 x 3.5 cm
When Daryl and I drove across this great country of ours, we procured two toy chickens, naming one Hoquiam and the other Aberdeen after the sad sister cities just south of Seattle in Washington State. At times, we would speak through these characters. Ultimately we created a contest of who could paint the bleaker first person picture through the voice of our respective chickens.
I do not know if this is Hoquiam or Aberdeen, and I do not remember who of Daryl or I assumed which name. I think I was Aberdeen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment