-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PRINTING PLATE

11.5 x 21 x 2.3 cm

When we moved to 6th avenue in 2009, there was a shop two doors down called Hennington Press. David, the proprietor, had been born in that building, as had his father.  He was a third generation printer. When the computer came along, it relegated the printing press a very large and oily and strange thing. So while we made our arrival in the neighborhood, David orchestrated his exit.
As we shared an inverse relocation, I would visit, give him a buck or two for old stuff like this printing plate, try and help move a machine, usually fail, buy some more old stuff from him. Then he moved to Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment