-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

A

8.9 cm diameter x 1.3 cm
This wooden disc is from when my cousin Chris worked in a shop that built yacht and private plane interiors, and the scraps he lovingly collected for me were all teak and beautiful. I painted it and printed an 'A" on it, featuring it in an animation called 'Seeing Seeing' I made with my buddy Jonny. I skipped a big fancy to-do to film it with him because he was leaving to move to Ireland a week later, and I was terrified of life without him. The 'A' printed on it is from the silk screens I burned for the sashes my wife and I donned at the completion of our wedding ceremony, hers saying 'WIFE', mine saying 'HUSBAND'.
Its just a little piece of wood and some paint, sure, but with its variance of emotional association, this thing is a tome.

No comments:

Post a Comment