-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

LONDON LODGE THERMAL PRINT

11.7 x 4.5 x .1 cm
The most fucked up place I visited while driving across the United States of America was New Orleans, Louisiana. When I expressed my consternation over dear NoLA to a native by saying ' I just can't put my thumb on the place', he echoed that sentiment as its beauty.
The motel I stayed at while visiting New Orleans, The London Lodge, pictured here as a thermal print of super 8 footage, was not beautiful. It was the kind of place which could aptly be mottoed  'Where terrible things quietly happen.'

No comments:

Post a Comment