-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

ART PATCH

8 x 3.9 cm
I walked into a workwear store in Providence, Rhode Island about 8 years ago. This one had recently half burnt down. There was no electricity and half the inventory was mildewing in the corner, an unfortunate side effect of the the fireman's valiant efforts. The proprietor was wearing a rain jacket inside, hanging out, hoping to salvage a buck or two from what was left. I bought this patch. I thought it was funny.
If this makes no sense to you, you have never been to Providence, Rhode Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment