-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PINEAPPLE PAPER

20 x 25 x 1 cm (folded)
When pineapples are packaged, they are separated by these thick sheets of paper. I used one of these as the base for the collage book / album cover I made for Louque in the late 90's. Then we had the idea of making a run of handmade album covers inspired by the collage book / album cover, so I went collecting these things. They are actually kind of hard to find; pineapples aren't always in season. Also, the dudes who unpack them usually don't speak a lot of English and really don't want to talk much.

No comments:

Post a Comment