-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SANDPAPERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD


24.7 x 7.2 x 2.5 cm
When I was riding my bike through Europe in 1995, it dawned on me that I had neglected to bring sandpaper. Sandpaper is a tremendously necessary sketchbook making tool. So I went out and bought some. When I travelled to Indonesia, I bought some there, too. Then I bought some in Hong Kong, Guam, Louisiana, places like that. Eventually, I had a nice little collection, so I put it in this box, labeled it. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment