-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SMILE AMERICAN MANUAL ALPHABET CARD

6.6 x 10.1 cm
I used to buy these from the deaf people who sold them on the trains in the nineties. I wanted to collect them and make whole paragraphs out of collaged little hands, but three things got in the way of that plan:
1. It takes a lot of little hands to make a sentence.
2. The deaf people changed the price from $1 to $2.
3. Deaf people who sell these things on trains would really lay the guilt on heavy. Man, I just don't need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment