-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PALL MALL CIGARETTE PACK

7.5 x 10.2 x 1 cm
These were from Hunter and I went to California to visit my dad in December, 1991. I smoked Pall Malls because Vonnegut did, and Hunter and I would go for walks at night and before we left, we'd ask each other if we had "the socks", which was code for the Pall Mall cigarettes. We thought we were very clever. I know I was stupid, but even in my forties and not having smoked for a decade and so much better for it, I have to admit that I don't feel any shame in having smoked Pall Malls because Vonnegut did. I kind of think that' still cool, even if I could only handled the filtered version.

1 comment:

  1. Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigarettes? I buy my cigs at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 60% from cigs.

    ReplyDelete