-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

DEAD BIRD ENVELOPE

15 x 27 cm
I found a dead bird on the street one day. It was run over by something. I know that because of its flatness, the kind achieved almost exclusively by being run over by something. Maybe it was this flatness that made me think of this dead bird as collage material, but in any case, I kept it. I put it in an envelope that I wrote 'DEAD BIRD' on. Many months later I opened that envelope. You know, it is amazing how long a flat dead bird can retain its unpleasant odor.

No comments:

Post a Comment