-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SACRED HEART MUG

8.2 cm diamter x 9.5 cm
When Rory and Leah came to visit New York from Northern Ireland in 2003, we went to the San Gennaro festival in Little Italy. They were amused by al the religious stuff there, by how it didn't carry the same political weight it did back home. Like, you could buy a Virgin Mary mug and not have that also come with an automatic stamp denoting your specific political leanings. Ah, the simple life. In celebration of that revelation, they bought me a mug. This mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment