|2.3 x 2.3 x .6cm|
In 1993 I traveled all around Mexico for 7 weeks. I returned with three things:
1. The once-in-a-lifetime initial realization of the larger world.
2. A definition of collage that still informs my decisions.
3. This ring.
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.