-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SIGARETS

5.4 x 8.7 x 1.7 cm
I bought these 'siagerets' in Indonesia in 1997. That's when I visited my friend Josh and learned the phrase 'Jam Karet', which means 'Rubber Time'; things occur according to a relative schedule in Indonesia. It's like Italy, except with a more stable government. 
I never did open this pack of cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mac, I stumbled upon your website, enjoying another day at the office. Very nice stories you got there! Well done.

    You should open the pack and smoke one of these sigarettes. You might not enjoy it, because the tobacco is partially made of cloves, but the scent is wonderful :)

    I smoke m once in a while but my favorite is Sampoerna, the white pack.

    Jam Karet actually means "Elastic Time" in Indonesia one can never be late :)

    Cheers and all the best from the Netherlands!

    Jules

    ReplyDelete