-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

STEPHEN'S TEETH (4)

1 x 2.2 x .9 cm
My greatest fear with this project is that people will stop thinking of me when they have things like human teeth or mannequin parts or Israeli scrabble letters or half-an-old engine. It has not been my intention to be a clearing house for oddities, but over the years, people have come to think of me when they have something that most people would just throw away. But let me clarify: not just anything; the stuff people bring to me is kind of specific, and makes them think of me. It is an honor and something I find life affirming and humbling. 
So Stephen emailed me and told me that he had his wisdom teeth removed and that they were huge and he got to keep them and do I want them. I said 'OF COURSE'.
Stephen brought me his teeth and I was like 'RAD, they are huge,' and right then and there I put them under the lights, photographed them for The Dumpster Project. They represent the quickest path from acquisition to deaccession of any object in this project. Thanks, Stephen.

1 comment:

  1. The bit of Stephen's tissue that is still attached to the one on the left is profoundly horrific.

    ReplyDelete