-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

ASIAN ORANGE FOOD BOX

12.0 x 7.0 x 2.5 cm
I bought this for Mike Watanabe, but I never gave it to him. There was a point at which the amount of weird foodstuffs I presented to Mike peaked, emotionally and practically. I mean, you can only give someone freeze dried cuttlefish so many times.
The thing about Mike is that he exhibited a magical simultaneousness: he would find the irony in a handsome orange package with no English description to discern its contents, AND he'd use it as an ingredient in a delicious dish.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you never gave me this? Because I had it, for a while. Threw it out when I moved. Never did quite figure out what it was, but I was enticed by the package. Funny, this.

    ReplyDelete