-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

BELT

9.2 x 11.0 x 4.0 cm
When a belt is brand new and you lay it out, it is a straight line. Over time, the shape changes to more of a 'u' shape. During the 6 years I wore this belt, I'd add a new buckle hole to compensate for that slow shift in shape. Eventually the leather between all those holes real close to each other fatigued and gave way. I was left with one long hole that, at the point where the buckle caught, barely held my pants up at all. This belt just got old and died.

1 comment: