-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

BROKEN CELL PHONE PIECES

12 x 12 x 15 cm
I was walking down the middle of 5th avenue on September 11th, 2001, around 10 am. That was the last time this phone rang. It was my cousin Chris. Somehow he carved his way through the airwaves and got hold of me. I told him that I was OK, that Adrianna was OK, that I loved him and tell everyone just that, goodbye.
Later that day or week, I don't remember, when, through its abject lack of functionality, this thing only served to remind me of just how cut off from my family I was, I redefined its function: it became the object of my ire. It was duly smashed.

1 comment:

  1. Phone conversations are not usually something I remember in great detail. I will never forget that phone call as long as I live.

    ReplyDelete