-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

M TABLE MARKER

7.7 x 9.7 x 5.5 cm
I was in Los Angeles with Hunter and we were at a place called My Father's Office or something like that. We were drinking beer and I asked Hunter to reach over the counter and get this table marker for me. He did; it was theft.
Hunter has the most consistent moral compass of anyone I know. It is considered and considerate and based on the ethos of respecting the sanctity of the individual. The constantness of that is tempered with what would appear to be a dismissive attitude toward the petty.
Example: Hunter finds it incomprehensible to take advantage of one's mistake, like keeping the wrong amount of change given. Incomprehensible. But taking a table marker, it just doesn't really matter. The former is integral to a shared system of honesty; the latter is one of many pieces of plastic with a letter on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment