-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SAUDI FLAG

20.2 X 12.0 cm
In 2006 I traveled to Germany for part of the World Cup, where flags from every participating nation were reproduced in miniature. The wonderful thing about the World Cup is that all nations come together, and all that beer helps you turn an even blinder eye to the perpetrations of our oiled bedfellows, like beheadings or the unapologetic hatred of gay people or the fact that it is illegal for women to drive in Saudi Arabia. Let me repeat that last line, in case you thought i didn't say the stupidest thing you've ever heard: it is illegal for women to drive in a country we consider an ally.

No comments:

Post a Comment