-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

YOU HAVE HAD A GOOD START. WORK HARDER!

5.6 x 1.5 cm
Cognitive dissonance is the most important characteristic of anyone who believes that hard work is the great equalizer. I am one of those people, even though I know I am wrong. A decade of good intention can be mitigated by virtue of a wind's shift. But what are you supposed to do, spend your life predicting the wind? No. The answer to every single question is the same : Work harder.
Yet the caveat is in plain site. As if tipping its own hand, the same piece of paper that preaches the merit of the ol' protestant work effort also includes lucky numbers. Just in case all that hard work fails to pay off, there's always the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment