-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

MITER SAW HANDLE

2.3 cm diameter x 11.4 cm 
As I get older, I find it difficult to answer when people ask me what I want for a birthday or a holiday gift. The only people who give me gifts are people I have known for so long now that anything they give me will pale in comparison to what they have already given, unsolicited and immaterial.
But my mother asked me what I wanted one year so I said 'I don't know, a mitre box.' 
She ended up buying me a mitre box kit for model making. This is the handle for the saw. When she gave it to me, she said it reminded her of a little one her dad had. I tried very hard to utilize it, but it is too small for the jobs I do. I know my mother would just tell me to pass it on to someone who could use it then, maybe my cousin Chris, but she gave me something that reminded me of her Dad. That has a value I can't transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment