-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

ORANGE COUNTY BUS CARD

8.4 x 5.7 cm
In 1989 I spent the summer in Orange County, California. My father had just moved there from New Jersey, and I opted out of working at a summer camp for a summer on the bus: each morning my stepmother would drive me to a bus stop about a mile from their house and from there I'd find my way to Newport Beach or Huntington Beach or to skate Sadlands (aka Moon Crater Park). I'd spend about 2 hours a day on the bus, traveling to places consisting mainly of water or concrete where I would use a board and gravity to repeat the same activity over and over and over. It was a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment