-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

NICK'S RULER FINGER BOARD

5.9 x 1.9 cm
In 8th grade, Nick Anthan, Chris Hoover and I spent every morning prior to first period in Mr. Schmelzer's art room. We'd have handstand contests and make little finger skateboards out of rulers and then have contests who could finger-ollie higher. This is one of Nick's boards. Nick could ollie higher with his fingers than he could with his feet, but he was literally a musical genius so fuck it, who cared that his fat greek ass couldn't ollie. Nick died when we were 19. He drowned, trying to ollie higher than he knew he could, so to speak. By that point, we weren't as close as we had once been, an amicable casualty of the eternity that is adolescence. Nick really was a musical genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment