-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

SUPER 8 PROJECTOR (BRILLIANCE MACHINE)

24 x 12.3 x 15.3 cm
This is a super 8 projector. It weighs like 16 pounds and takes cartridges that haven't been made since 1977. I have kept it because of the switch on the back, labeled as a 'brilliance control'. I like to think of this as some sort of machine where you can control how smart you are: sure, you can select 'super-bright', but then you may become subject to the existential quandaries  that oft accompany excessive intellect. To avoid this conundrum, you can simply switch to 'normal', but then your appreciation for fine cheeses goes to hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment