-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

COLLAGE THAT I THINK LOOKS LIKE CENTRAL AMERICA

26 x 17 x .2 cm
When I was 23, my friend Marie died. She was Panamanian but lived in Paris, she had red hair and she was insane. All the pictures of her face in my brain have smiles on them.
A month or so after she died, I started this collage, just as a sort of abstract exercise. At a certain point, I stopped because it looked like Central America to me. I thought of the wonderful and crazy Marie who taught me how to drive stick shift, who carried a bottle of Jack in her back pack our final week in school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment