-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

THE DUMPSTER HEADS TO MIAMI

The Dumpster is on its way to Miami for the Pulse Art Fair. When I watched it head down Flatbush, I realized this was the first time it was to travel without me. 
OK, bye bye, everything.

The Dumpster leaves the Dekalb market in Brooklyn,  a great home for the past month. The artist known as carting-truck-driver Ray from 5 Star Carting takes the Dumpster up to Preiser Rigging in Putnam County, 70 miles north of Brooklyn.
This is what you do if you a re a rigger: you rig stuff.  The Dumpster was rigged for a crane to lift it onto a flatbed truck. According to Bruce, the owner/operator of Preiser and a  third generation rigger, the Dumpster weighs 10,000 pounds. 

So the boys at Preiser Rigging have done their job; the Dumpster is on the truck.

The driver inspects the load.

Said driver is Alberto from Mercer Transport. Alberto is game; jumping around the place tarping the Dumpster, smiling wide. God speed, Alberto. See you in Miami. 

No comments:

Post a Comment