-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

STAEDTLER - MARS 30 ELLIPSE TEMPLATE

12.4 x 24.2 cm
When we were in high school, Hunter and I used to go out to this big art store on Rockville Pike called Visual Systems. Awesome name. One night one of us needed some art supply. It was 8:46. Visual Systems closed at 9. We hopped in my Chrysler K Car and went for it. I remember Otis Redding's Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song) playing as we raced toward our destination against the end of that track. 
I bought this ellipse guide at Visual Systems. I don't know if it was that night, but every time I thought about getting rid of this obsolete piece of plastic, I thought of Hunter and I racing against Otis Redding.

1 comment:

  1. once browsing through net in search of Rolloff Dumpster, I found ur post n it instantly caught my attention.
    Thanx a lot for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete