-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

GLOVE

11 x 22 x 1 cm
Halloween, 2010, we attended the 7th avenue parade in Brooklyn. The streets were crammed with children in over-clever or overpriced costumes. A small clearing momentarily formed in front of me, at its center this glove.  I was able to pause long enough to pick it up, the flow of the crowd gently asking that I move along. Three strides later, I stumbled upon its companion. Such lovely gloves, I held them up to announce them, quickly realizing that unless they were dropped by the person but 5 feet ahead of me, the owner was long gone.
These really were the most lovely gloves I have ever been in possession of. I wore them openly, figuring someone in the neighborhood would say 'Hey, I lost those', and I would happily return them, commending him on his taste in handwear. Instead, I lost one that winter. Such lovely gloves.

1 comment:

  1. Yo, they would match those natty shoes I gave you perfectly! You must find the match!

    ReplyDelete