-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

PUBLIC SERVICE COMMENDATION CERTIFICATE

28 x 21.5 cm
Our household was selected to be part of the 2000 census. At the time, I lived with Adrianna and Rich. A strange little chain smoking man named Konrad started coming to our house every few months, always on a Saturday morning. After a few visits, he proclaimed that we were his favorite household. Our interviews would eventually disintegrate into camaraderie; they became less about census data and more about the kinds on things one discusses while smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee in defense of a hangover. I can't tell you what those things are. I don't remember.
Side note: Rich never showed up for a single interview. Konrad shrugged, lit another one of Adrianna's Marlboro Light 100's. Why complicate a good thing?

1 comment:

  1. Are you paying over $5 / pack of cigs? I buy all my cigs at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 60% from cigs.

    ReplyDelete