-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

CAMP DUDLEY

64 x 64 x .5 cm
I spent 6 summers at Camp Dudley in Westport, New York. Among its countless  attributes was the mandate that every kid get on stage at least once a summer;  and once on stage, the weirder the better. At 12, I donned dress and performed the Star Spangled banner while doing a handstand, a feat that took several attempts. When I finally did nail it, the performance was genuinely and audaciously applauded by 500 fellow humans. At 12, that's wicked cool. 
At the end of the day, this place has provided my deepest moral well. Well, next to my Mother, Father, and Benjamin Franklin Hawkeye Pierce, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment