-->
1. I have archived much of my life through collected objects.
2. I have moved a smaller studio, making it necessary that I get rid of a lot of these objects.
3. I have done so by using them as the raw material for one enormous collage, created inside a 30-yard dumpster.
4. Oh, also, I have photographed around 500 of these objects and will display them here, accompanied by a brief history of each item.

HI-8 TAPE

10.0 x 6.3 x 2.8 cm
I don't know for certain what is on this tape. I am pretty certain that it is a montage I made when I was a freshman in college, kind of my first foray into film / video. I am pretty certain it depicts a Providence, Rhode Island before its mid-nineties Renaissance, a Providence where the canals were actually shitty and an old man could still buy a decent sweater. I am pretty certain I am on this tape, or at least my image; I am young and unaware as hell and look it and I am pretty certain that is fantastic.
When I put this tape in the Dumpster, I screwed through it and attached it to wood with resin. I am pretty certain it can no longer be viewed.
I am positive it is better in my memory than it would have been on any monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment